ncrtpMay2004
11-11 09:33 AM
Anything possible in the lame duck session.
wallpaper 2011 Calendar Template
zen
04-06 08:55 PM
I know a person who was sent back; IO called the end client to verify his employment and asked if they could hire american worker instead, when the employer said they could, IO sent him back. I think they are only going after H1's working for smaller consulting companies.
You may write it off as a rumor, so be it, but IV needs to step in and take necessary action.
well if the employer is not supporting you ..then maybe the IO does have the authority to refuse ?? (well assuming that these cases are correct ..then I guess we can assume that IO has recd instructions from his superiors) it is good to hear from Pappu that IV is ready to take up this issue ...but till someone comes foward ..can IV focus on other issues like recapture, removal of country limits etc (there is no shortage of issues where focus is needed)
You may write it off as a rumor, so be it, but IV needs to step in and take necessary action.
well if the employer is not supporting you ..then maybe the IO does have the authority to refuse ?? (well assuming that these cases are correct ..then I guess we can assume that IO has recd instructions from his superiors) it is good to hear from Pappu that IV is ready to take up this issue ...but till someone comes foward ..can IV focus on other issues like recapture, removal of country limits etc (there is no shortage of issues where focus is needed)
luckylavs
07-09 02:27 PM
any idea how long it will take for an outcome?
2011 2011 Calendar
sanju
11-11 11:14 PM
We can all pitch in and send either congrats greeting card/flower along with IV letter highlighting our pathetic situation.
Hope he addresses something.
You are kidding, right? And you expect that sending flowers and greeting card to Obama will be returned by a favor by passing a bill every EB applicant a green card immediately. I guess you have not noticed closely what is coming our way. Wait and watch, and save the money that you are considering spending on flowers and card.
.
Hope he addresses something.
You are kidding, right? And you expect that sending flowers and greeting card to Obama will be returned by a favor by passing a bill every EB applicant a green card immediately. I guess you have not noticed closely what is coming our way. Wait and watch, and save the money that you are considering spending on flowers and card.
.
more...
anilsal
12-26 03:50 PM
MasterCard is quite attractive with the new WorldPoints concept. A point for every dollar spent. When you have sufficient points, you can get air tickets etc.
An issue with Discover card is that it is not widely accepted outside the US - not in Canada or in Europe (the merchant will have to call some number to get authorization). Amex is usable worldwide.
Many merchants do not accept either Amex or Disc in the US.
An issue with Discover card is that it is not widely accepted outside the US - not in Canada or in Europe (the merchant will have to call some number to get authorization). Amex is usable worldwide.
Many merchants do not accept either Amex or Disc in the US.
makemygc
01-30 08:27 PM
Hello,
I am on H4 visa and thinking of filing for an H1 through a contrating co. But I have also heard the horror stories of these desi contrating co. which makes it more difficult for taking a decision.
i do not hold a US degree but i do have job experience from india. Can anyone advice on how to go about this situation.
Its essential for me to travel to india this year. If I go ahead and file through some co, will there be a problem at the consulate when i go there to get my visa stamped ? Is it advicable to travel during such a transition ?
What happens if I am unable to find a project & I'm on bench ? Am I an illegal resident in such situation ? please advice.
mira.
I've lot of friends whose spouses have transfered their visa from H4 to H1 successfully and doing good right now. I don't know a single one regretting their decision. Well, I agree with lot of horror stories here but do understand that there are decent companies as well who are straight forward and do not do things illegally. Do some research among your friends and well wishers and then take a decision. In forum like this, you will always find two side of the stories as everyone has their own agenda.
Best of Luck.
I am on H4 visa and thinking of filing for an H1 through a contrating co. But I have also heard the horror stories of these desi contrating co. which makes it more difficult for taking a decision.
i do not hold a US degree but i do have job experience from india. Can anyone advice on how to go about this situation.
Its essential for me to travel to india this year. If I go ahead and file through some co, will there be a problem at the consulate when i go there to get my visa stamped ? Is it advicable to travel during such a transition ?
What happens if I am unable to find a project & I'm on bench ? Am I an illegal resident in such situation ? please advice.
mira.
I've lot of friends whose spouses have transfered their visa from H4 to H1 successfully and doing good right now. I don't know a single one regretting their decision. Well, I agree with lot of horror stories here but do understand that there are decent companies as well who are straight forward and do not do things illegally. Do some research among your friends and well wishers and then take a decision. In forum like this, you will always find two side of the stories as everyone has their own agenda.
Best of Luck.
more...
Jaime
09-10 12:27 PM
Your employer is exploiting you and you want to change jobs, but can't - Your employer is exploiting your H1-B status by underpaying you and overworking you, and perhaps even withholding your visa papers from you. Most people in that situation would have left and gotten another job, but you can't because then you'd have to start your green card process all over again, and not all companies will sponsor you for a GC either.
2010 Keywords: 2011 calendar
delax
07-20 10:03 AM
Also conversations will affect this because people converting from EB3 to EB2 will make sure that they port their priority dates and hence if say all the EB3 people from 2003 convert to EB2 and successfully port their dates it will definitely push the dates south of 2003. Did I make sense???
You are correct. EB3 to EB2 conversions can impact the movement of dates - but there are a few factors working against that. Refiling labor and I-140 is an expensive affair and not everyone may be ready to shell out nearly $10k. Besides the time taken nowadays for labor and I-140 approval means that the conversion can happen only in about 12 to 18 months or so. The third variable is also the close scrutniy (read audit) that DOL is doing of EB2 labor applications. If people started conversions last year they should be good. But if someone plans to start it now, then I think it is a shot in the dark - however from an EB3 perspective, a shot in the dark may be better than no shot at all.
You are correct. EB3 to EB2 conversions can impact the movement of dates - but there are a few factors working against that. Refiling labor and I-140 is an expensive affair and not everyone may be ready to shell out nearly $10k. Besides the time taken nowadays for labor and I-140 approval means that the conversion can happen only in about 12 to 18 months or so. The third variable is also the close scrutniy (read audit) that DOL is doing of EB2 labor applications. If people started conversions last year they should be good. But if someone plans to start it now, then I think it is a shot in the dark - however from an EB3 perspective, a shot in the dark may be better than no shot at all.
more...
24fps
02-19 07:59 PM
read my lips, THIS BILL WILL NEVER PASS
its so redundant that even NumbersUSA haven't even reported.
its so redundant that even NumbersUSA haven't even reported.
hair 2011 Calendar Template Vector
actaccord
03-15 07:04 PM
/\/\/\/\
more...
nojoke
10-22 03:07 PM
I mean tax everyone equally. During this tough economy time, consider everyone and not the middle class or upper class or lower class.
Equally- That is tough to define. Equally as a percentage of their income/earnings? Rich don't even have 'income' to pay the income tax. They probably are paying 5 or10% of their earnings, while you and me pay 30+% of our income.
Equally- That is tough to define. Equally as a percentage of their income/earnings? Rich don't even have 'income' to pay the income tax. They probably are paying 5 or10% of their earnings, while you and me pay 30+% of our income.
hot Free 2011 Calendar Template
feedfront
09-20 01:45 PM
No, I've not heard anything from attorney's office.
more...
house 2011 Calendar
mmanurker
06-14 10:08 AM
Done....sent to NJ senators
tattoo 2011-calendar-template-vector
kartikiran
03-18 01:24 PM
Its more than 6 yrs now, since I started my GC process.
__________________
PD Date: 03/25/2002 EB3
I140 aprvd from TSC: 06/2006
485 filed @ TSC: June 29th 2007.
__________________
PD Date: 03/25/2002 EB3
I140 aprvd from TSC: 06/2006
485 filed @ TSC: June 29th 2007.
more...
pictures 2011 Calendar Template by
moonrah
07-01 10:32 PM
Online petition is a great idea. But what will it accomplish?? Ultimately all those questions have to addressed in the form of a bill and that needs to be passed in the Congress. Is it a coincidence, we already have a bill HR5921 addressing those questions raised by OP All we need to do is channel our energy to make this bill along with the other Rep. Lofgren bills a success.
IV is already raising all those questions mentioned in the petition with the lawmakers. So what is new in this petition?
Even after thousands of calls, what if they don't pass the bill? I am not pessimistic but I want to have this pass desparately. Lets think about all the possibilities and have solutions or atleast plan for all of those. Just think about this, if someone files a lawsuit on us, we will be sweating and running here and there even though we know we are gonna win. lawsuit will make them think, make them spend money. Trust me nobody wants to go through that husstle. And if we win, they have no way but do something about per country quota limit whether congress passes the bill or not. On the downside, if we loose, they can worsen the situation for us in which case they have to face anger from business community and during election season, goverment wouldn't like to do that.
All I am saying is if we have a case we should pursue it. Otherwise there is no point of fighting loosing battle.
IV is already raising all those questions mentioned in the petition with the lawmakers. So what is new in this petition?
Even after thousands of calls, what if they don't pass the bill? I am not pessimistic but I want to have this pass desparately. Lets think about all the possibilities and have solutions or atleast plan for all of those. Just think about this, if someone files a lawsuit on us, we will be sweating and running here and there even though we know we are gonna win. lawsuit will make them think, make them spend money. Trust me nobody wants to go through that husstle. And if we win, they have no way but do something about per country quota limit whether congress passes the bill or not. On the downside, if we loose, they can worsen the situation for us in which case they have to face anger from business community and during election season, goverment wouldn't like to do that.
All I am saying is if we have a case we should pursue it. Otherwise there is no point of fighting loosing battle.
dresses Free 2011 Calendar Template
sri1309
09-12 08:25 PM
Guys,
Good to know the weather will be good, but even it is not, the spirit shouldnt die. I wish all realize this. I hope the weather is horrible and we all still make it to make the voice heard louder.,
Sri..
Good to know the weather will be good, but even it is not, the spirit shouldnt die. I wish all realize this. I hope the weather is horrible and we all still make it to make the voice heard louder.,
Sri..
more...
makeup 2010 - 2011 Calendar Mouse

seeker999
08-11 03:11 PM
Based on the members in competeamerica . I honestly believe they will give a damn about GC. Simple reason is they will loose their reigns on us.
More practical is someone in IV EB3 talk to some lobbyist or politcians and figureout how to push this. Especially the ones in DC.
More practical is someone in IV EB3 talk to some lobbyist or politcians and figureout how to push this. Especially the ones in DC.
girlfriend August 2011 Calendar Template
greyhair
03-12 01:50 PM
Mr greyhair with brown matter,
I don�t know those folks you are comparing with me. I just said that IV opened a donor only post in wake of delayed April visa bulletin. I wonder why they did this as this was the time to educate/ inform all the members with whatever information they had (Now it is proved they had no info). This is not what a �non profit� organization or any organization would do in a time of uncertainty
This is obvious that IV can not dictate either USCIS or DOL nor they had any information on April visa bulletin but they did not have to hide anything related to delayed visa bulletin fom the non paying members.
IV is a great platform that bring together all of us under one umbrella so that we all share the information and make plans on how to make employee based immigration more hassle free.
As far as is concerned yes I go there and my id there is same as here. I go there so that I could share my knowledge and experience and gather the same from other folks in the same boat as me and this is the same reason I visit IV.
As far donation is concerned I donated once but after that I could not do it for my personal reasons. I will definitely donate once I am out of my crisis, but yes whenever, there has been any campaign initiated by IV of sending letters or faxes I have done my part sincerely.
I don�t know why people like you think that is there enemy in fact they both are there for the same cause and can work together (I don�t know about any past clashes if any between and IV management)
All I want is that IV be more informative to its members.
So Mr brown matter don�t talk more than what your brain can think of.
You are accusing IV for cheating before saying IV is a great platform. Can't you make up your mind. You sound more like that Congressman Massa from NY. I am no Glenn beck so now don't start to tickle me.
I don�t know those folks you are comparing with me. I just said that IV opened a donor only post in wake of delayed April visa bulletin. I wonder why they did this as this was the time to educate/ inform all the members with whatever information they had (Now it is proved they had no info). This is not what a �non profit� organization or any organization would do in a time of uncertainty
This is obvious that IV can not dictate either USCIS or DOL nor they had any information on April visa bulletin but they did not have to hide anything related to delayed visa bulletin fom the non paying members.
IV is a great platform that bring together all of us under one umbrella so that we all share the information and make plans on how to make employee based immigration more hassle free.
As far as is concerned yes I go there and my id there is same as here. I go there so that I could share my knowledge and experience and gather the same from other folks in the same boat as me and this is the same reason I visit IV.
As far donation is concerned I donated once but after that I could not do it for my personal reasons. I will definitely donate once I am out of my crisis, but yes whenever, there has been any campaign initiated by IV of sending letters or faxes I have done my part sincerely.
I don�t know why people like you think that is there enemy in fact they both are there for the same cause and can work together (I don�t know about any past clashes if any between and IV management)
All I want is that IV be more informative to its members.
So Mr brown matter don�t talk more than what your brain can think of.
You are accusing IV for cheating before saying IV is a great platform. Can't you make up your mind. You sound more like that Congressman Massa from NY. I am no Glenn beck so now don't start to tickle me.
hairstyles Calendar Template
pkak
07-13 06:00 PM
All the data shows that we have 20K EB2 I/C with PD before 6/1/2006, and it is comparable with the unused 20K quota from EB1 and EB2-ROW. As stated by Openhemer, the 2 year jump is due to the spillover of 20K to EB2 instead of EB3-ROW and there will NOT be any significant retrogression in Oct. However, a petition is being organized in this forum to stopping this spillover. Only if the petition succeed, we will see EB2 date goes back to 2004.
EB2-India folks should also initiate a petition campaign (on lines of the EB3-India folks) to make sure that these 25K visas do get adjudicated before fiscal year �08 ends.
USCIS may well end up wasting a bulk of these visas, contending that since they are statutorily required to adjudicate all EAD applications within 90 days, and there is a surge in EAD renewals because of (a) July-07 visa bulletin fiasco; and (b) people applying for renewal this month, hoping to get 2 year EAD. Therefore, because of surge in EAD applications, they do not have resources to use up all of this year�s visa numbers.
If this happens even EB3 India will be potential losers also.
EB2-India folks should also initiate a petition campaign (on lines of the EB3-India folks) to make sure that these 25K visas do get adjudicated before fiscal year �08 ends.
USCIS may well end up wasting a bulk of these visas, contending that since they are statutorily required to adjudicate all EAD applications within 90 days, and there is a surge in EAD renewals because of (a) July-07 visa bulletin fiasco; and (b) people applying for renewal this month, hoping to get 2 year EAD. Therefore, because of surge in EAD applications, they do not have resources to use up all of this year�s visa numbers.
If this happens even EB3 India will be potential losers also.
getgreensoon1
05-23 04:39 PM
what the f**k ?
Who taught you this definition idiot?
Why we dont like gultis ? - eCharcha.Com (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18691)
This link might help you understand the different definitions.
Who taught you this definition idiot?
Why we dont like gultis ? - eCharcha.Com (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18691)
This link might help you understand the different definitions.
file485
01-30 01:19 PM
again from H1 to H4 ..if u dont find a job will be another major horror story if u want to change your status from H1 to H4 as you have 2 show atleast 2 paystubs to show u maintained your H1...or go back home and get a H4 stamping...
all is a horror story..either u take a H1 and only look forward..even if u want to change your H1 to another company u need paystubs... so living in the USA is no joke,bottomline..
all is a horror story..either u take a H1 and only look forward..even if u want to change your H1 to another company u need paystubs... so living in the USA is no joke,bottomline..
No comments:
Post a Comment