
alterego
09-19 08:06 AM
This is a crisis of confidence, brought about by the weakness of the housing market and therefore the securities based on the mortgages to those homes.
House prices are down nearly 20% and have perhaps another 10% to go.
The pain ie 30% of the value of the housing stock will end up being distributed across various players. Homeowners will take the bulk of it, Financial institutions will take some, Gov't unfortunately will take some(ie tax payers), foreign investors will take some, Insurers some, Inflation will eat away some(this will be a 2-3 yr process when all is said and done), etc. In the end the markets will climb out of it. Exactly how much each of these parties will eat is currently being negotiated on capitol hill. The truth is nearly every bank is under water at this time. However, commercial banks are only safe because they have stable depositor bases. Hedge funds and other institutional investors who play the repo market are more fickle and have seized up the bank repo and other credit markets. Liquidity and lowered rates alone is not solving this mainly because it is a question of confidence. This will get better once the gov't puts in a more definitive solution. I hope however that whatever solution is provided makes it extremely painful for any one to want to take that route, ie the shareholders and management should be wiped out and that too only for a loan which must be repaid. IF real estate recovers to anything close to what it was in 2006 by say 2015 or if confidence surges sooner, then the US Gov't could conceivably make money from this.
House prices are down nearly 20% and have perhaps another 10% to go.
The pain ie 30% of the value of the housing stock will end up being distributed across various players. Homeowners will take the bulk of it, Financial institutions will take some, Gov't unfortunately will take some(ie tax payers), foreign investors will take some, Insurers some, Inflation will eat away some(this will be a 2-3 yr process when all is said and done), etc. In the end the markets will climb out of it. Exactly how much each of these parties will eat is currently being negotiated on capitol hill. The truth is nearly every bank is under water at this time. However, commercial banks are only safe because they have stable depositor bases. Hedge funds and other institutional investors who play the repo market are more fickle and have seized up the bank repo and other credit markets. Liquidity and lowered rates alone is not solving this mainly because it is a question of confidence. This will get better once the gov't puts in a more definitive solution. I hope however that whatever solution is provided makes it extremely painful for any one to want to take that route, ie the shareholders and management should be wiped out and that too only for a loan which must be repaid. IF real estate recovers to anything close to what it was in 2006 by say 2015 or if confidence surges sooner, then the US Gov't could conceivably make money from this.
wallpaper funny friendship poems and
snegrust
09-19 11:39 AM
Congratulations to all of us for having marched yesterday, I was extremely impressed with the level of organization. Salut to everyone who made it possible.
However, I have a whole bunch of points, sorry if they come out strong....
1) I absolutely agree with the 'Legal' Immigration issue, we did look as if we were immigrants and not defined as legal, I think high-skilled is secondary to the legality... This is one of the reasons I have not purchased merchandise, as it looks like it addresses immigration as such. I think banner by Chinese group exphasizing the legal aspect looked very impressive..
2) It was obvious from speeches on Monday night and yesterday (friendship between US and India comments, etc) that this is seen as an Indian issue. Unless you are trying to show it as such, something has to be done about it. Non-indians were marching with you as well, and next time effort should be made to put together Indian, Chinese and whoever else when putting pictures, RollCall for example, or talking to the press, or talking to representatives. I have expressed my desire and submitted all information to the person in charge of organizing meetings on Capitol Hill, but was not provided with this oppportunity..
Basically, it was clear that, as of now, even many representatives see the issue as Indians versus Mexicans... Not a good idea....
3) I thought that some of the signs were extremely offensive to the Americans "We brought you yahoo/hotmail/google" and as such... if I were an American contemplating about my views on the immigration, and if I were as patriotic as many Americans are, I would be upset with the messages putting down local brains...
4) It was a very impressive effort by Chinese group, thumbs up. Although very strange that so ew of them showed up. My CHinese colleague who alreday has GC and helped distribute info to his friends, told me that all 5 Chinese papers in the area had big announcements about the Rally
5) I agree with disappointment about local people, it seemed like there were many more members from CA, NY and other places than VA/MD/DC, we should all be wokring on raising awareness.
All for now
Agains, congrats to all of us
However, I have a whole bunch of points, sorry if they come out strong....
1) I absolutely agree with the 'Legal' Immigration issue, we did look as if we were immigrants and not defined as legal, I think high-skilled is secondary to the legality... This is one of the reasons I have not purchased merchandise, as it looks like it addresses immigration as such. I think banner by Chinese group exphasizing the legal aspect looked very impressive..
2) It was obvious from speeches on Monday night and yesterday (friendship between US and India comments, etc) that this is seen as an Indian issue. Unless you are trying to show it as such, something has to be done about it. Non-indians were marching with you as well, and next time effort should be made to put together Indian, Chinese and whoever else when putting pictures, RollCall for example, or talking to the press, or talking to representatives. I have expressed my desire and submitted all information to the person in charge of organizing meetings on Capitol Hill, but was not provided with this oppportunity..
Basically, it was clear that, as of now, even many representatives see the issue as Indians versus Mexicans... Not a good idea....
3) I thought that some of the signs were extremely offensive to the Americans "We brought you yahoo/hotmail/google" and as such... if I were an American contemplating about my views on the immigration, and if I were as patriotic as many Americans are, I would be upset with the messages putting down local brains...
4) It was a very impressive effort by Chinese group, thumbs up. Although very strange that so ew of them showed up. My CHinese colleague who alreday has GC and helped distribute info to his friends, told me that all 5 Chinese papers in the area had big announcements about the Rally
5) I agree with disappointment about local people, it seemed like there were many more members from CA, NY and other places than VA/MD/DC, we should all be wokring on raising awareness.
All for now
Agains, congrats to all of us
hazishak
09-10 01:58 PM
Thanks, its working now. But seems really slow
Most of you either have a firewall or a proxy server to go out to the internet at your work locations, which allows for only TCP port 80. So if you are unsuccessful in getting the real player to work, try this:
when real player opens do the following:
click on tools->preferences->network transport->
then check the "manually configure connection settings"
click on RTSP settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Next
click on PNA settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Enjoy!!
Most of you either have a firewall or a proxy server to go out to the internet at your work locations, which allows for only TCP port 80. So if you are unsuccessful in getting the real player to work, try this:
when real player opens do the following:
click on tools->preferences->network transport->
then check the "manually configure connection settings"
click on RTSP settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Next
click on PNA settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Enjoy!!
2011 funny est friend poems. est
franklin
07-02 11:16 PM
I strongly believe that the little funds that IV receives should be used for more productive means than spending even more money on a website.
Maintaining a website that multiple people go to isn't going to get us very far at all, other than answering the same question multiple times. Using that money to pay for a lobbying firm, or trips to DC, or media coverage is way more productive and is far more likely to get actual results.
Maintaining a website that multiple people go to isn't going to get us very far at all, other than answering the same question multiple times. Using that money to pay for a lobbying firm, or trips to DC, or media coverage is way more productive and is far more likely to get actual results.
more...

newbie2020
02-10 06:48 AM
I have some Delta Skymiles (3729miles), Not sure how to donate. If anyone needs them let me know.
PD_Dec2002
07-05 12:22 PM
Just my $0.02:
I understand the frustration for IV to gather funds when it has so many members. But it's possible that IV has that many members because it is a free site.
If this becomes a paid site, you might see the number of members dwindle, and that's not a good idea because even if members don't financially contribute to IV, they do offer their perspectives/opinions/feedback/critique and help others. Those who want to financially contribute to IV will do so whether IV is a free or a paid site.
IMHO, it would be a mistake to make IV a paid site thinking that this will force members to financially contribute. Sure IV forums helped a lot with finding information about I-485 applications, but people have been filing I-485s on their own even before IV was in existence. Which is not to say, IV has no value, but I hope you see where I am going with this....if members don't want to contribute, then they won't. They will go to other forums like they used to before IV was in existence...which will be a step down, but at least they are holding on to their $20 or howmuchever.
Before replying to this, please read my disclaimer below. I have to add it given the fact how hot-headed/short-tempered members have been in the last few days where they will flame someone just because their opinions differ.
Thanks,
Jayant
Disclaimer: These are my opinions. You don't have to agree with them. If you disagree, just ignore them. I am not interested in justifying myself about anything that you might have to say. I would, however, welcome a civil and a healthy discussion.
I understand the frustration for IV to gather funds when it has so many members. But it's possible that IV has that many members because it is a free site.
If this becomes a paid site, you might see the number of members dwindle, and that's not a good idea because even if members don't financially contribute to IV, they do offer their perspectives/opinions/feedback/critique and help others. Those who want to financially contribute to IV will do so whether IV is a free or a paid site.
IMHO, it would be a mistake to make IV a paid site thinking that this will force members to financially contribute. Sure IV forums helped a lot with finding information about I-485 applications, but people have been filing I-485s on their own even before IV was in existence. Which is not to say, IV has no value, but I hope you see where I am going with this....if members don't want to contribute, then they won't. They will go to other forums like they used to before IV was in existence...which will be a step down, but at least they are holding on to their $20 or howmuchever.
Before replying to this, please read my disclaimer below. I have to add it given the fact how hot-headed/short-tempered members have been in the last few days where they will flame someone just because their opinions differ.
Thanks,
Jayant
Disclaimer: These are my opinions. You don't have to agree with them. If you disagree, just ignore them. I am not interested in justifying myself about anything that you might have to say. I would, however, welcome a civil and a healthy discussion.
more...
amitjoey
07-05 12:34 PM
I just contributed my first $100.00. Go IV!
Thanks map_bolier
Thanks map_bolier
2010 Best-Friend-Poems

ilikekilo
01-18 07:54 PM
traffiic cop....i am not sure about that....you always have the right to remain silent ans ask whether u r free to go...period...
more...
empee99
09-27 12:51 PM
you dont have to do anything. Based on your L2 petition you will get an I-94
valid till 2009. Since your EAD is unexpired, you can continue working once you come back. EAD is authorization to work, completely unrelated to your travel to India and back. What exactly are you worried about?
I am worried bcoz, on my EAD card its written "NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO U.S."
what does this mean?
Please advise.
Thanks
Mahesh
valid till 2009. Since your EAD is unexpired, you can continue working once you come back. EAD is authorization to work, completely unrelated to your travel to India and back. What exactly are you worried about?
I am worried bcoz, on my EAD card its written "NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO U.S."
what does this mean?
Please advise.
Thanks
Mahesh
hair est friends forever poems.

tooclose
07-13 10:24 AM
It is not a contradiction to the previous statement.
Cut-off-date = 1 ==> PDs before 1st can file (i.e mar-01 cut-off date mean pds till apr-30 can file)
Cut-off-date = 8 ==> PDs before 8 can file (i.e pds 1 to 7 since they are in one bucket)
Cut-off-date = 15 ==> PDs before 15 can file (specifically pds in bucket 8-14 can file)
etc...
Hope it helps. As others predicted, I really think the numbers will not move back. You will get your GC soon.
yikes !!! so looks like I have to wait then... anyways I was happy for a few moments till I saw this message :)
Cut-off-date = 1 ==> PDs before 1st can file (i.e mar-01 cut-off date mean pds till apr-30 can file)
Cut-off-date = 8 ==> PDs before 8 can file (i.e pds 1 to 7 since they are in one bucket)
Cut-off-date = 15 ==> PDs before 15 can file (specifically pds in bucket 8-14 can file)
etc...
Hope it helps. As others predicted, I really think the numbers will not move back. You will get your GC soon.
yikes !!! so looks like I have to wait then... anyways I was happy for a few moments till I saw this message :)
more...
coopheal
04-10 09:54 PM
In April bulletin EB3 Mexico was at 01-JUL-02. Mexico used up all its quota and turned U. That means there were lot of applicants whose PD was before 01-JUL-02.
As for India EB3, same logic applies. Right now India EB3 is at 01-OCT-01. If there are enough people with PD before 01-OCT-01 to use up the quota, it can turn U in the next bulletin. Otherwise it could inch couple of weeks forward.
and what is your point?
As for India EB3, same logic applies. Right now India EB3 is at 01-OCT-01. If there are enough people with PD before 01-OCT-01 to use up the quota, it can turn U in the next bulletin. Otherwise it could inch couple of weeks forward.
and what is your point?
hot funny est friend poems. funny
Eternal_Hope
03-09 10:55 PM
Sri, I appreciate your enthusiasm and spirits. in my view, unless something comes from the IV core ..nothing will happen. people in this forum are too diverse and independent and hence they need strong leadership. and for some reason (we can only speculate),, all that we have from the core is silence
I partially agree with both you and Sri - while it is true that I have not (recently) written to the lawmakers, and more often than not I vent my frustration here - especially each time the visa bulletin appears and then tend to go on with my life, I have in the past written, telephoned, faxed to lawmakers. Over the past 2 years I have seen bills come and go. I am at a stage now where I have almost resigned to the fact that maybe there is not much that we can do - especially given the low level of participation from members here at IV.
I also feel that it is time younger members (freshers blood) takes on leadership roles here. IV is a forum which provides the opportunity for enthusiastic people to just go ahead and organize any drive they feel will work. IV leadership will not object, as long as the drive is tasteful and is within all parameters of decency.
As for older and tired people like us.... we will gladly follow the leaders and assist in any way possible.
I partially agree with both you and Sri - while it is true that I have not (recently) written to the lawmakers, and more often than not I vent my frustration here - especially each time the visa bulletin appears and then tend to go on with my life, I have in the past written, telephoned, faxed to lawmakers. Over the past 2 years I have seen bills come and go. I am at a stage now where I have almost resigned to the fact that maybe there is not much that we can do - especially given the low level of participation from members here at IV.
I also feel that it is time younger members (freshers blood) takes on leadership roles here. IV is a forum which provides the opportunity for enthusiastic people to just go ahead and organize any drive they feel will work. IV leadership will not object, as long as the drive is tasteful and is within all parameters of decency.
As for older and tired people like us.... we will gladly follow the leaders and assist in any way possible.
more...
house funny est friend poems. poems
Saralayar
04-03 12:34 PM
Dude complete your profile first if you want to be taken seriously.
I would be hesitant to write to some anonymous email id.
For our accurate statistics, please fill all your details (Zuhail and others) with correct details (it won't affect you in anyways). For arriving at correct numbers for any Agendas, this is required. Then post your questions or start a thread in this forum.
I would be hesitant to write to some anonymous email id.
For our accurate statistics, please fill all your details (Zuhail and others) with correct details (it won't affect you in anyways). For arriving at correct numbers for any Agendas, this is required. Then post your questions or start a thread in this forum.
tattoo friendship poems for girls.
abhijitp
03-03 06:48 PM
Instead of criticizing the idea, please submit your votes!
Only 300 odd people sent flowers to the USCIS and we know it worked. This site has a lot of one time visitors so don't expect 25000 votes, but it does not mean this idea is crappy. Heck, I want to buy a house myself, but I cannot even think about borrowing 300k+ when I may be asked to leave the country on a day's notice (remember no time between jobs when you are on H1B).
Only 300 odd people sent flowers to the USCIS and we know it worked. This site has a lot of one time visitors so don't expect 25000 votes, but it does not mean this idea is crappy. Heck, I want to buy a house myself, but I cannot even think about borrowing 300k+ when I may be asked to leave the country on a day's notice (remember no time between jobs when you are on H1B).
more...
pictures est friendship poem

amitjoey
07-05 05:31 PM
Guys, please contribute to IV. I just did today, and believe me, you will feel better for doing so...
This is not just for you and me, but also for those who will come after us. Also, this is not a battle just to sue USCIS/DOS, but a war we need to fight on multiple fronts:
1) First and foremost, we the immigrant community need to join hands and fight as one cohesive group.
2) Sue the government agencies for damages/violation of law/precedents due to the revised visa bulletin
3) Get this matter the attention it deserves in the media
4) Try and get congress to intervene in this matter, and also introduce and pass legislation that will fix the broken employment based immigration system
5) Request corporate sponsorship. Since employers spent money on this fiasco as well, they will have a vested interest in pursuing this as well.
The main thing, however, is funds. IV needs funds to fight for us. Each of us has already spent 100's (many even 1000's) of $ trying to get ready to file our I-485's. So even if 10,000 members contribute just $100 each, it will be $1 mil. I am sure each of us can at least spare that much. It is a small price to pay for liberation from this GC mess for all of us....
With ~15,000 members already, and hopefully some serious $$$$$$ raised, IV will be a force to be reckoned with. No one will be able to treat us with such disdain ever again...
Awesome! you said it!!
This is not just for you and me, but also for those who will come after us. Also, this is not a battle just to sue USCIS/DOS, but a war we need to fight on multiple fronts:
1) First and foremost, we the immigrant community need to join hands and fight as one cohesive group.
2) Sue the government agencies for damages/violation of law/precedents due to the revised visa bulletin
3) Get this matter the attention it deserves in the media
4) Try and get congress to intervene in this matter, and also introduce and pass legislation that will fix the broken employment based immigration system
5) Request corporate sponsorship. Since employers spent money on this fiasco as well, they will have a vested interest in pursuing this as well.
The main thing, however, is funds. IV needs funds to fight for us. Each of us has already spent 100's (many even 1000's) of $ trying to get ready to file our I-485's. So even if 10,000 members contribute just $100 each, it will be $1 mil. I am sure each of us can at least spare that much. It is a small price to pay for liberation from this GC mess for all of us....
With ~15,000 members already, and hopefully some serious $$$$$$ raised, IV will be a force to be reckoned with. No one will be able to treat us with such disdain ever again...
Awesome! you said it!!
dresses est friend poems. irthday est

eb3retro
08-16 03:39 PM
Because you guys are not as clever as EB2s.
easy there pray...people can get offended by your statement. Not a good statement for your first post.
easy there pray...people can get offended by your statement. Not a good statement for your first post.
more...
makeup Bestfriend poems
.jpg)
miapplicant
09-11 11:00 AM
http://www.asianjournal.com/?c=201&a=29863
"In a move to fix America�s broken immigration system, the House Subcommittee on Immigration approved H.R. 5882, a bipartisan legislation introduced by Representatives Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) and James Sensenbrenner (R-WI)."
Thanks. Given the various posts on this, I hope this is true true true...:p
"In a move to fix America�s broken immigration system, the House Subcommittee on Immigration approved H.R. 5882, a bipartisan legislation introduced by Representatives Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) and James Sensenbrenner (R-WI)."
Thanks. Given the various posts on this, I hope this is true true true...:p
girlfriend for my est friend, Fred.
gcnirvana
08-03 02:55 PM
abhijitp,
Thanks for the update and good to know that we will get an RFE and not a rejection for our EVL.
But on (2), what if we already have an A# from our approved I-140? Is there any other way to know that our application has been accepted??
According to the person I spoke to:
1. I will be issued an RFE if my AOS packet did not contain the EVL
2. Once the A# is issued, that means the application has been accepted, so no outright rejection can happen, however RFEs can be issued at a later date.
Thanks for the update and good to know that we will get an RFE and not a rejection for our EVL.
But on (2), what if we already have an A# from our approved I-140? Is there any other way to know that our application has been accepted??
According to the person I spoke to:
1. I will be issued an RFE if my AOS packet did not contain the EVL
2. Once the A# is issued, that means the application has been accepted, so no outright rejection can happen, however RFEs can be issued at a later date.
hairstyles A Best Friend Poem, Printed,

pmb76
03-19 07:14 PM
Before EB2 moves faster, every EB3 guy will get a new LC and jump in to EB2 line. Then EB3 line will be little lighter and moves a little faster. Then people will start asking like this - "Can we go back to EB3 line ? Can we have 3rd EB3 LC ( like LC sells in walmart) and another 485 ?" . Pretty much everyone wants to have 2 LC , 2 I-140 and 2 I-485 at any time. That way whichever category moves faster they will beat the system.
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
I agree with you man. These screwed up desi consulting firms sell LCs like it is walmart. And people who work for them don't care about the position offered or their qualifications. They just want to have multiple LCs and I-140s and then cut the line when it is convenient.
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
I agree with you man. These screwed up desi consulting firms sell LCs like it is walmart. And people who work for them don't care about the position offered or their qualifications. They just want to have multiple LCs and I-140s and then cut the line when it is convenient.
gc_on_demand
11-17 10:44 AM
I think Senate is already there for lameduck,,,
Come one folks from california.. We can do it..
Come one folks from california.. We can do it..
gceverywhere
09-19 12:01 PM
Thank you. I believe that we should register legalimmigrationvoice.org (and not .com) as we are a non-profit organization.
Can you please get that registered as well?
I have registered this domain. If needed, please send me PM; I can initiate the transfer process. I have already added a forwarding address to the immigrationvoice.com.
This is my from of contribution.
Can you please get that registered as well?
I have registered this domain. If needed, please send me PM; I can initiate the transfer process. I have already added a forwarding address to the immigrationvoice.com.
This is my from of contribution.
No comments:
Post a Comment