abhijitp
09-26 04:11 PM
Check it out
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
Thanks to one and all members who wrote to CNN about this!
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
Thanks to one and all members who wrote to CNN about this!
wallpaper Out of the trailer park and
walking_dude
10-29 10:22 PM
I'm surprised only 70 members are interested in accurate prediction of future VB movements, and orderly processing of 485 applications instead of the current random lottery!
It would help lot of us make informed decisions if we were to know how many are in the queue and how long we have to wait.We can spend much of the wasted Tracking, VB prediction time with our families. Don't you think it's important? And that your time is too precious to be wasted over such pursuits?
It would help lot of us make informed decisions if we were to know how many are in the queue and how long we have to wait.We can spend much of the wasted Tracking, VB prediction time with our families. Don't you think it's important? And that your time is too precious to be wasted over such pursuits?
gk_2000
08-10 08:56 PM
so what you are basically asking is give gc to everybody who wants. country quota is meaningless (we know that!). qualifications are worthless. nobel prize or manual laborer (all are humans!). illegals also should be given gc without any reservations!
so when we start a campaign try to be reasonable. don't just 'focus' on our 'wishes'. think creatively how to solve the problem we are all facing, by understanding the basics of the whole process.
If you are trying to open philosophical topic I suggest we do it in a separate thread, because that debate will be a very long one.
BTW do you know the deal with the bees? Bees are just insects, right? But did you know that you are living here on this earth because of them? If the country is filled with geniuses then what is the worth of genius? Therefore dont compare humans in this way
For the record, illegals do end up with green cards. One should have faith, like they do
so when we start a campaign try to be reasonable. don't just 'focus' on our 'wishes'. think creatively how to solve the problem we are all facing, by understanding the basics of the whole process.
If you are trying to open philosophical topic I suggest we do it in a separate thread, because that debate will be a very long one.
BTW do you know the deal with the bees? Bees are just insects, right? But did you know that you are living here on this earth because of them? If the country is filled with geniuses then what is the worth of genius? Therefore dont compare humans in this way
For the record, illegals do end up with green cards. One should have faith, like they do
2011 The Sunnyvale Trailer Park is
jackrabbit
07-17 11:01 AM
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
Does anyone know if we can sue them. I am sure that they are a registered organization.
Does anyone know if we can sue them. I am sure that they are a registered organization.
more...
vnkpaul
09-15 04:09 PM
I am currently working for company X on L1B visa, my visa is valid till Sep 2009 and My I94 is valid till Apr 2010. I was in India in April 2008 and I had applied for a H1B visa via company Y (in US) in April 2008 and my petition got selected and approved in the lottery and I am eligible to get it stamped from 1st October 2008.
I have been on L1 2 times for about 1 year duration each time.
My questions are:
1. Since I was out of US during the H1B application filing, my H1B will only be valid when I get it stamped by US consulate in Canada? (I had specified that as my port of entry to US knowing that I will be in US at that point of time)
2. Can I continue to work for company X based on my L1 till I get my H1B stamped, which I plan to get done by Dec 08?
3. At the US consulate, at the time of stamping if they reject my H1B application would my existing L1 be still valid or they cancel that also?
Please reply... Thanks in advance...
I have been on L1 2 times for about 1 year duration each time.
My questions are:
1. Since I was out of US during the H1B application filing, my H1B will only be valid when I get it stamped by US consulate in Canada? (I had specified that as my port of entry to US knowing that I will be in US at that point of time)
2. Can I continue to work for company X based on my L1 till I get my H1B stamped, which I plan to get done by Dec 08?
3. At the US consulate, at the time of stamping if they reject my H1B application would my existing L1 be still valid or they cancel that also?
Please reply... Thanks in advance...
BharatPremi
09-19 10:54 AM
One legal aide explained me how ignorant most of the lawmakers are when it comes to legal vs illegal immigrants.
I highly doubt the very essence of this statement. At the end of day they are "Law makers" and I am not ready to believe that they can not distiguish between legal and illegal immigration. It would be possible that they may be pretending the ignorance. Potter love to have a donkey which do the work without eating grass. Till now donkeys (Us) were working for those potters(lawmakers, Employers) without asking for grass with the hope that someday we will have very nourishing grass. Now donkeys (Us) have realized that there is no nourished food in near future so we have organized ourselves. In turn these potters will take time to devise the ways so as not to provide enough nourshied food to all these donkeys and till then to keep you going on they will pat our backs. This is basic politics... Yes, I do have lot of faith in "Us" but if we make our strategies with keeping faith in these "Potters" then I have high doubts about our success.
I highly doubt the very essence of this statement. At the end of day they are "Law makers" and I am not ready to believe that they can not distiguish between legal and illegal immigration. It would be possible that they may be pretending the ignorance. Potter love to have a donkey which do the work without eating grass. Till now donkeys (Us) were working for those potters(lawmakers, Employers) without asking for grass with the hope that someday we will have very nourishing grass. Now donkeys (Us) have realized that there is no nourished food in near future so we have organized ourselves. In turn these potters will take time to devise the ways so as not to provide enough nourshied food to all these donkeys and till then to keep you going on they will pat our backs. This is basic politics... Yes, I do have lot of faith in "Us" but if we make our strategies with keeping faith in these "Potters" then I have high doubts about our success.
more...
jonty_11
12-13 10:39 AM
It would work even great if IV could post this on the homepage, and send emails to all members to send faxes to USCIS on say Dec 18th, at 12 noon EST.
Or are we on our own for this effort, which would mean the only way people will know about this effort is via this thread....At least we should open a new thread with a specific name so that it becomes obvious waht the purpose of that thread is.
Or are we on our own for this effort, which would mean the only way people will know about this effort is via this thread....At least we should open a new thread with a specific name so that it becomes obvious waht the purpose of that thread is.
2010 CSI: Sunnyvale Trailer Park.
legal_la
07-02 06:05 PM
contributed 100 just now, my drop in the ocean, I will try to add more drops in coming days.
more...

GCBy3000
01-16 11:55 AM
pls update your profile so that we can confirm.
Update your signature also with your pledge. This will help a lot when others see these kind of signatures. It is all psychological factor to make members feel confident about IV and to make them realize they are not the only one who contributes often.
Every member has the potential to contribute. It is not a million dollar per month. But how to make them to realize the importance and to make them feel comfortable with IV to contribute matters the most. Adding up your pledge in the signature is a most important for this one.
Update your signature also with your pledge. This will help a lot when others see these kind of signatures. It is all psychological factor to make members feel confident about IV and to make them realize they are not the only one who contributes often.
Every member has the potential to contribute. It is not a million dollar per month. But how to make them to realize the importance and to make them feel comfortable with IV to contribute matters the most. Adding up your pledge in the signature is a most important for this one.
hair Trailer Park Boys: The
chmur
10-20 12:54 AM
Just like how you blindly think green card is the only thing that matters in this world. McCain lies, runs slimy sleazy adds that tell what kind of person he is. He doesn't have the depth of knowledge that Obama has nor does he have moral values. Time for you to wake up. Go Obama
Our only agenda should be - who is more beneficial to EB community - that is clearly McCain...so Go Mccain. Rest is politics usual and hence frivolus atleast to EB community.
I am even surprised why something else should matter ...atleast for next 4 years.
None of us can vote but can play indirect role in this campaign - i.e $$ and time. Remember who is beneficial to your immediate problems.
Our only agenda should be - who is more beneficial to EB community - that is clearly McCain...so Go Mccain. Rest is politics usual and hence frivolus atleast to EB community.
I am even surprised why something else should matter ...atleast for next 4 years.
None of us can vote but can play indirect role in this campaign - i.e $$ and time. Remember who is beneficial to your immediate problems.
more...
Rajeev
12-19 10:47 AM
Hi Varsha
I will join the conference. My e-mail address is rajeevm100@hotmail.com
I will join the conference. My e-mail address is rajeevm100@hotmail.com
hot Sunnyvale Trailer Park 1
canleo98
06-30 11:10 PM
http://immigrationportal.com/announcement.php?f=190&a=95
It is possible. Such an action would be illegal, but CIS has already stopped accepting I-485 applications for another category known as “Other Workers,” despite June Visa Bulletin showing that category is current. My advice to all of you is keep filing all through the month of July. For all we know, they may never issue such an illegal policy or they might lose a lawsuit filed against them. So keep filing. Regards to all. Rajiv.
__________________
Rajiv S. Khanna; Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna
It is possible. Such an action would be illegal, but CIS has already stopped accepting I-485 applications for another category known as “Other Workers,” despite June Visa Bulletin showing that category is current. My advice to all of you is keep filing all through the month of July. For all we know, they may never issue such an illegal policy or they might lose a lawsuit filed against them. So keep filing. Regards to all. Rajiv.
__________________
Rajiv S. Khanna; Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna
more...
house Sunnyvale Trailer Park » GLOG activity on February 16, 2011
shannonxi
07-18 10:47 AM
Mine reached NSC on July 2 at 9:02 AM. Got Fedex delivery confirmation and no receipt from CIS yet. Will check with my lawyer for advise.
tattoo Buy Trailer Park Boys: Xmas
ImmiLosers
11-23 09:40 AM
I guess Employer cannot revoke I-140 after 180 days - You may want to check with Immigration Specialist/lawyer
more...
pictures Sunnyvale Trailer Park
nc14
06-11 01:39 PM
Thanks much.
dresses Trailer Park Boys Countdown to
anandrajesh
07-02 12:00 PM
Well, this is a clear sign of "You are not Needed here, get the heck out of our country". May be we should heed to this msg and move out.
I wasted My money, Time, Took a Few shots at the Doctor, declined a good Permanent Offer for all this. What a Waste...
This is a sad sad news
UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY
The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:
Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation
have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.
Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: July 2, 2007
I wasted My money, Time, Took a Few shots at the Doctor, declined a good Permanent Offer for all this. What a Waste...
This is a sad sad news
UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY
The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:
Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation
have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.
Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: July 2, 2007
more...
makeup heart of Sunnyvale.
drirshad
07-02 06:32 AM
So far so good, hope we are on the same note rest of the week.
girlfriend Trailer Park Boys
prioritydate
01-22 07:13 PM
Great discussion here, its great to see prospective from many folks.
Wonderful insights.
Saggi13
Man great venting.
Here is a question for you and for all of us in similiar circumstances. you got to ask a question.....what will make you happy. You took a great step in buying the house not because of any reason other than "you wanted your daughter needed some place to play". You took the decision, made a choice....Now you should be happy for you did what you deened important for you and you did it.
Now things went bad after buying a house, but overall you choose to buy this and that should make you happy.
Nothing personal Sagi13...your write was excellent about changes with in 9 months. It will all work out for you.
I read somewhere "happiness is in action". Its far more easier to ask sorry for something done, than to repent for something left undone.
For me what has worked so far is trying to stay out of Rat Race, and this too by choice.
I choose not to waste money on new cars, not my type, i refuse to judge people by the cars they drive. i have driven decent cars, but never paid a penny to anyone on car loan interest. So will i do for a house, god willing.
i make sure to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and real time spend relaxing, enjoying sun ...walks in morning.
i did spend a lot of money this last year on soft factors/family and friends...more than 10K ...i choose to do so; and i am happy so far.
This may not be a big amount for someone, and this expense could have been avoided but we choose to spend it, fine no issues.
My belief is, one got to make peace with one self, past is past ..and stop comparisons
We all make mistakes, i make more mistakes than my fair share of "1" a day...
Remember "we are spritual beings having human experiences". T
Here is another good line i try to remember always, think about what do you want...lets say GC.
Imagine you got GC today....now what will you do differently than what you are doing today. what change will GC bring to you as a person ( forget other crazy ideas we have created in our minds.....like help in job, realizing american dream, and please Donot cite reasons like it will be easier to travel/get a job. )
If you donot have any solid differences in your life...after getting a GC...then my friend you are in Rat Race.
This American dream is a bull ....by marketers, this is a dream for everyone on this planet, and most achieve it....by having a space where they can relax not by owning something....ownership is perceived notion. How can owning a piece of wood and concrete help anyone??
I tell you what! There is nothing positive about having a green card. I have a green card and I don't see any difference. Same old stuff, except that I didn't gave my finger prints on my last visit abroad. I think they are extended that finger printing mechanism to green card holders too, so nothing special.
Wonderful insights.
Saggi13
Man great venting.
Here is a question for you and for all of us in similiar circumstances. you got to ask a question.....what will make you happy. You took a great step in buying the house not because of any reason other than "you wanted your daughter needed some place to play". You took the decision, made a choice....Now you should be happy for you did what you deened important for you and you did it.
Now things went bad after buying a house, but overall you choose to buy this and that should make you happy.
Nothing personal Sagi13...your write was excellent about changes with in 9 months. It will all work out for you.
I read somewhere "happiness is in action". Its far more easier to ask sorry for something done, than to repent for something left undone.
For me what has worked so far is trying to stay out of Rat Race, and this too by choice.
I choose not to waste money on new cars, not my type, i refuse to judge people by the cars they drive. i have driven decent cars, but never paid a penny to anyone on car loan interest. So will i do for a house, god willing.
i make sure to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and real time spend relaxing, enjoying sun ...walks in morning.
i did spend a lot of money this last year on soft factors/family and friends...more than 10K ...i choose to do so; and i am happy so far.
This may not be a big amount for someone, and this expense could have been avoided but we choose to spend it, fine no issues.
My belief is, one got to make peace with one self, past is past ..and stop comparisons
We all make mistakes, i make more mistakes than my fair share of "1" a day...
Remember "we are spritual beings having human experiences". T
Here is another good line i try to remember always, think about what do you want...lets say GC.
Imagine you got GC today....now what will you do differently than what you are doing today. what change will GC bring to you as a person ( forget other crazy ideas we have created in our minds.....like help in job, realizing american dream, and please Donot cite reasons like it will be easier to travel/get a job. )
If you donot have any solid differences in your life...after getting a GC...then my friend you are in Rat Race.
This American dream is a bull ....by marketers, this is a dream for everyone on this planet, and most achieve it....by having a space where they can relax not by owning something....ownership is perceived notion. How can owning a piece of wood and concrete help anyone??
I tell you what! There is nothing positive about having a green card. I have a green card and I don't see any difference. Same old stuff, except that I didn't gave my finger prints on my last visit abroad. I think they are extended that finger printing mechanism to green card holders too, so nothing special.
hairstyles Trailer Park Boys, a cult-hit

k3GC
11-10 10:06 PM
IV has people on the national advisory board that include the previous USCIS ombudsman, what is their take on this? I have not seen any thoughts from such experts that support this organization on this issue of quarterly spillover
amitjoey
11-07 05:18 PM
bump
msp1976
02-01 11:55 AM
If I-140 has been approved, would it still be fine to apply for transfer from H1-B to F1 status by using form I-539 & university issued I-20 ? How long does it take to transfer status from H1B to F1 ? When can one start school …. Only after I-539 approval or after only applying ?
For pursuing an MBA, does it matter if one is on F1 or H4 (spouse is on separate H1)
How long does it take to transfer status from H1B to H4 ?
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
For pursuing an MBA, does it matter if one is on F1 or H4 (spouse is on separate H1)
How long does it take to transfer status from H1B to H4 ?
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
No comments:
Post a Comment